X

• Filtrează
  • Ora
  • Arată
Curăță tot
postări noi

• Swedish Expedition to Carpathian Mountains 2012

Hello!
    My name is Jens and I live in Sweden. I drive a heavily modified Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ. I´ve traveled to both Iceland and Kola in Russia with it. I´m looking around for new places to go and the Carpathian Mountains seems very beautiful!
    But I know very little language other than Swedish, English, German and some words in Russian. It´s hard to find information about mountain tracks and places where you should go. Maybe I should mention that we are aiming for the Romanian parts of the Carpathian.
    When we go out we usually live in tents, is it allowed to camp in the wild in Romania? Should it be avoided due to the risk of bears?
    Does anyone know where I can find maps? I use a Toughbook for navigation with Nroute, Touratech QV and Fugawi so most filetypes work well!
    We will go with 4-6 vehicles, all have 33-35” MT tires, winch and expedition equipment. I´m looking for roads where 4x4 vehicles are needed, but not bottomless mudholes.
    I´m very grateful for all the help I can get!
    Best regards
    Jens Grönberg

Re: Swedish Expedition to Carpathian Mountains 2012

Postat în original de NordicExpedition Vezi post
    Hello!
    My name is Jens and I live in Sweden. I drive a heavily modified Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ. I´ve traveled to both Iceland and Kola in Russia with it. I´m looking around for new places to go and the Carpathian Mountains seems very beautiful!
    But I know very little language other than Swedish, English, German and some words in Russian. It´s hard to find information about mountain tracks and places where you should go. Maybe I should mention that we are aiming for the Romanian parts of the Carpathian.
    When we go out we usually live in tents, is it allowed to camp in the wild in Romania? Should it be avoided due to the risk of bears?
    Does anyone know where I can find maps? I use a Toughbook for navigation with Nroute, Touratech QV and Fugawi so most filetypes work well!
    We will go with 4-6 vehicles, all have 33-35” MT tires, winch and expedition equipment. I´m looking for roads where 4x4 vehicles are needed, but not bottomless mudholes.
    Best regards
    Jens Grönberg
    Hy Jens!
    My name is Ovidiu.
    If you and your collegues decide to make one expedition in Romania in the Carpathians Mountains don't miss Transalpina(Sebes-Sugag-Obarsia Lotrului-Ranca)-the highest road from our country(2245m altitude-Pasul Urdele).On this road almost you don't need for map .I strongly recomand Strategica(at a point you must exit Transalpina and enter to another road -the wildest views).Yes ,you can camp in tents (and rooftents)and yes in some parts of this road you could find bears,but don't be afraid - they are friendly(if is not hungry!)
    Another spectacular road is Transfagarasan(Sibiu-Avrig-Cartisora-Balea Lac-2000m altitude-Curtea de Arges).
    I am convinced that my collegues wiill give you more and detailed informations and who knows if your group need a guide we will find one for you.
    All the best!

Ovidiu

and now some photos:
    Fișiere atașate
    Ultima editare de ovidiu cica; 14.dec.2011, 10:44.
    sa mai auzim si de Bine,ca de rau este pamantul plin!

Comentariu

more:here you will find an expedition from Switzerland
      Fișiere atașate
      Ultima editare de ovidiu cica; 14.dec.2011, 10:39.
      sa mai auzim si de Bine,ca de rau este pamantul plin!

Comentariu

Hello!
        Best regards
        Jens Grönberg
        tell me what region you need, i'll be traveling in Sweden next week, if you are in my way i can bring you some copys

Comentariu

Don't worry about the language barrier, here a lot of people speak English. You should state the area you are interested in or at least the difficulty level of the route you'd like to have.
          Samurai incepator

Comentariu

Thanks guys for all the answers!

Transalpin and Transfagarasan sounds like interesting roads! I´ve seen photos from them and they look amazing! I´m not worried but the bears, I just bring a axe with me to the tent when I sleep

About the region I will have to turn to you! I did actually think that most mountains were located in the north of Romania, but both Transalpin and Transfagarasan are in the middle and a little to the west. Is this the best region for going 4x4? I guess all parts of Romania has its charm? :)

To answer the leve of terrain, we made a trip to Kola Peninsula this summer, this is what it looked like. It´s was alot of rough gravel roads but the terrain could have been a little harder (sorry for the language here its in Swedish but the pictures tell alot):
            http://www.jeepsweden.net/index.php?showtopic=18524

Gusteru, maps would be great! When are you going to Sweden? I live in Gothenburg, are you passing through?

I really appreciate all your response!

Comentariu

i plan to be in jonkoping next week friday, a bit out of the way. i think is easier to post the cd when i'm there

Comentariu

I watched the photos on the topic you sent. No problem I was unable to also understand the text, I just had a taste of what you felt "reading" our forum I am under the impression you are not looking for a tough trial in the mountains, more like an on-offroad sightseeing expedition with emphasize on the sights and people. Am I right?

Romania has mountains pretty much everywhere(in a 200 km radius), the Carpathians run through the country from North to South-West embracing all the middle of it. In the middle is most of Transilvania. My guess is everywhere you choose to go, you have great places to see, but my personal choice would include the Apuseni (the area between Cluj, Oradea, Arad and Deva) and part of the Meridionals (the area between Sibiu- Deva-Targu Jiu-Ramnicu Valcea). The second recommendation includes the Transalpina too, and you can return through Transfagarasan. Both of these roads are now asphalted, so there's no offroad experience in it. The Transalpina has some great side-roads that could offer a mild or medium challenge for your fun. In both these zones the sights are great and you have some interesting places tho check too if you are interested: castles, monasteries, medieval cities.

Ofcourse I recommended areas I know or I live in, and I guess anyone will do the same with his own area. It's a matter of local-patriotism
                --------------------
                Take care, you should come in the summer, otherwise you could be unable to cross some of the mountains. Some of the good routes go as high as 2100m and at that altitude snow resists even until late June. The Transfagarasan for example is opened officially only at July 1-st and closes down with the first snow in the fall.
                Ultima editare de f_zoltan; 15.dec.2011, 23:21.
                Samurai incepator

Comentariu

Sorry for offtopic but here is Jens topic translated :

http://translate.google.ro/translate...wtopic%3D18524

Thank you Google Translate
                  - G 300 TD - W460 - '90

Comentariu

... Is this the best region for going 4x4? I guess all parts of Romania has its charm? :)
                    Hi,
                    Another perfect region for 4x4 is north of Romania, Maramures and Bucovina.
                    If you need any touristic information about Maramures county, please contact me.

All best
                    Max
                    max@club4x4.ro
                    or
                    info@maramuresguide.com
                    Ultima editare de Max; 16.dec.2011, 03:14.

Comentariu

Postat în original de Bogdan_mb Vezi post
                      Sorry for offtopic but here is Jens topic translated :

http://translate.google.ro/translate...wtopic%3D18524

Thank you Google Translate
                      Poti sa o pui si in romana nu doar in engleza
                      ''invingeti-va teama ''

Comentariu

Uite aici : http://translate.google.ro/translate...wtopic%3D18524

Dar e usor, selectezi de sus limba in care vrei sa fie tradusa.

Am pus in engleza deoarece program-ul traduce prima data in engleza si dupa in romana si apar cateva incoerente
                        Ultima editare de Bogdan_mb; 16.dec.2011, 10:41.
                        - G 300 TD - W460 - '90

Comentariu

Hej Jens,
                          If you plan to travel mostly on paved roads with a few escapes on forestry roads you probably won't encounter too many problems. Usually people are very friendly and they will help you IF you ask for help.
                          I took a short peek at your vehicle and it is very well suited for more off than on road, I don't mean every other our winching kind of offroad, but I do mean off the pavement as much as possible.
                          Normally you would enter Romania from the North or North West (Maramures, Bucovina) and then you would have three options:
                          1. Eastern Carpathians from North to South (a lot of woods scenery but slightly different than Sweden :P, and some river gorges but not so many)
                          2. Transylvania from North West to its' South East corner (town of Brasov) (high plateaus, hills partly covered by forrests but very many medieval history sites like old castles or fortified churches)
                          3. Western Carpathians from North to the point where they meet the Central Carpathian range ((Western Carpathians are like a giant piece of Swiss cheese, with a lot of karst like scenery (many river gorges, caves, waterfalls)
                          --but all the places you will see are inhabited. Then the Central Carpathians will offer more of an Alpine scenery, with high altitude lakes and rugged ridges which you can only observe from close range (sitting in a car) during the summer like my previous colleague said.
                          But that's only two thirds of Romania, you would still have many more things to see in the South, and the South East... flat lands mostly but -like you said- with their own charm, you can even find marshes (Danube Delta) or even desert (Baragan) like scenery in the S, SE of Romania.
                          If you decide to choose the 3rd option I can tag along for a part of your trip, I can come by bike or even by car if needed.
                          For further info you can contact me at:
                          +40 75230 4456
                          sebastian.banto@yahoo.com
                          EX - Toyota LJ70 - Marocanca bruneta

Comentariu

Hy Jens, Seeing your track from Stockholm to Marienhamn(Aland Islands) and then to Helsinki, with Viking Lines reminded me pleasent memories about those places. This autumn i went 2 weeks in Finland & Sweden and i had the chance to "taste" a bit from the wildlife. You have extraordinary country and the services are very good. You represent a special part from the European map, wich i canot replace with nothing else.
                            About Romanian places to "visit" 4x4, i can asure you that everything you read/seen here, worth the effort to come. You will have a big surprize about Romania, you will be amazed by our magical places, wild fauna and flora and not the last, the Romanian hospitality.
                            Wish you to enjoy your trip in Romania like i did in your country

Good luck
                            ~ Silence is a gift ~
                            ~ Learn to value its essence ~

Comentariu

Hi Jens
                              Hi Jens

A link with free access to Romanian mountains maps here:
                              http://harti.mielu.ro/
                              A link about Romania but in German this tine is:
                              http://www.karpatenwilli.com/
                              Last a.m site is quite detailed (maps, trails, stories, tradition, people) if you'll be patient enough and digg deeper and deeper.

And by the way we settled ClubJeepRomania.ro, so if you need further details on souther Transylvania (Carpati Meridionali area) do not hesitate and send your questions to ipampu at gmail.com.
                              The are alsocwebsites in English 4 your interrest as well:
                              Sibiu area
                              http://www.turism.sibiu.ro/index_en.php
                              And a virtual tour of the same city
                              http://www.sibiul.ro/sibiu-virtual-tour/
                              Brasov area
                              http://92.114.87.131/~brasov/index.php3
                              An overland experience in German language
                              http://global-experience.de/assets/a..._Rumaenien.pdf
                              http://www.jeepforum.de/index.php?sh...0&#entry766859
                              Some other hints
                              http://www.romaniatourism.com/the-ca...mountains.html
                              What I do recommend is a tour in Apuseni Mountains (Carpatii Occidentali maps). There are plenty of sites to see also.

Enjoy the ride and don't forget to call
                              Cheers
                              Ionut
                              (aka Irishcoffee on expedition portal us)
                              Ultima editare de ipampu; 17.dec.2011, 08:12.
                              2009 JKU, 2.8 CRD, NSG370, Rapoarte 3:73, Blocant Spate, Fox 2.0 & JKS 2.5", ARB Deluxe, Warn M8000, ASFIR 4x4, 9X17 MickeyThomson II, GY Duractrac
                              www.jeepromania.ro

Comentariu

Procesare...
                              X